Wilhelm Gilliéron Attorneys Corp. (“We”) is a law firm with particular expertise in data protection. Protecting your data is therefore not an empty word for Us.
As a law firm based in Switzerland, we are subject to the Federal Data Protection Act, it being specified that, whatever the circumstances, we remain bound by our obligations of professional secrecy. Since we do not deliberately target European residents in connection with the provision of our services in the sense of art. 3.2 GDPR, we consider not to be subject to the GDPR in the context of our activities. This policy may be revised as necessary.
Version in force: January 2021
What data do we process?
We may process the following personal data about you:
- Your name, first name, email and employer when you subscribe to our newsletter or subscriber area;
- Your name, first name, address, telephone number, email, profession, employer and any other basic data concerning you when we open a file concerning you;
- Your bank details for transactions resulting from our business relationships;
- Any information that you will have communicated to us within the framework of the execution of a mandate in your favour or of our exchanges.
All the personal data that You communicate to us are either based upon your consent (membership to our subscribers’ area) or are collected and processed in relation to the proper performance of the mandate that You entrust to us. When this processing is based on your consent (subscription to our newsletter or subscription to our subscribers’ area), it may be revoked at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For what purposes do we process your data?
We may use your data for several purposes:
- To communicate with you (by email, telephone or mail);
- To manage conflicts of interest;
- To manage the execution of the mandate that You entrust to us, including administrative purposes;
- To send you our newsletter;
- To give You access to our subscribers’ area and let You benefit from its advantages by sending You publications, alerts or invitations to various events.
With whom do we share your data?
We are likely to share your data with the following entities, it being specified that this sharing is done whatever the circumstances in accordance with our obligations resulting from the professional secrecy to which we are bound:
- Our IT service providers (who may have access to your data, particularly during their support work);
- Our external service providers, such as our auditor or bank;
- Suppliers to whom we may delegate certain activities (such as the translation of certain documents);
- The tax authorities;
- The administrative, criminal, judicial or arbitral authorities within the framework of the mandate that you entrust to Us;
- Law firms and entities with which we are required to communicate in the context of the performance of the mandate that you entrust to Us.
We are also likely to have to disclose data to authorities in execution of our legal or regulatory obligations.
Where are your data processed?
Our servers are hosted internally in Switzerland and are subject to adequate technical and organizational measures, taking into account the degree of sensitivity of your data, to protect it against unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or destruction.
A transfer abroad only occurs if the execution of the mandate that you have entrusted to Us makes such a transfer necessary, in particular to a law firm located abroad. This transfer, made necessary for the proper execution of the mandate that you have entrusted to Us, will only be made, moreover, after discussing with you the context in which such a transfer appears to Us to be necessary, and therefore with your consent.
How long do we keep your data?
We retain your data for as long as you are a client of our office, but in any case for ten years after December 31 of the year following the closing of your file (which generally corresponds to the payment of our final fee bill), in accordance with our legal obligations.
What are your rights?
You have the right to :
- Ask for details about the data we process about you;
- Have your data corrected;
- Ask for the deletion of your data (which may be impossible for us to do according to our legal obligations or, if necessary, without having to terminate the contract of mandate that unites us);
- To revoke your consent in the case of processing based on this basis (newsletter and subscribers’ area);
- Contact a judicial authority or the Federal Data Protection Commissioner if you believe that we have failed to meet our obligations.
Browsing wg-avocats.ch; analysis tool
To analyze the traffic on our site, we have opted for Matomo as a result of privacy considerations, an alternative offering more flexibility and privacy than Google Analytics.
This tool, like all other analysis tools, is based on the installation of a cookie, which is a file installed on your device that collects information based on the pages you visit, the time you spend there and other analysis data. No personal data is processed.